12.03.2013

End of Year One

It's been one year now since I quit my job to pursue my dreams. I certainly have learned quite a bit. It's not looking promising. However, it does look like the terrain is going to be changing. Perhaps rapidly, perhaps violently.

I were asked, I would recommend stalling if you can bear your current living situation and you have the alternative. The shift is inevitable, and it's always harder for the pioneers. Then again, only you really know if you secretly want to be a pioneer or not.

I feel impatient. How long will it be before the rest of the people realize freedom-from-work is an achievable goal for humanity now?

Remember the space race? It was this supposed thing between Russia and the United States to get to the moon. Well, how bout we race toward the shortest work-w
eek, so that people can spend their lives pursuing their passions?

Why don't the people want it bad enough? Have they been convinced they don't deserve it?


End of Year Assessment
I suck at pursuing my dreams - which means that the crux of the dream had been to make a living wage by dumping the contents of my mind through my fingers in the shape of words. 

Time to either abandon the entire thing or redouble the efforts. The appeal of abandonment lies in that it would abate the Kafka torture. The appeal of redoubling the efforts is the neurochemical rewards associated with hope.

I see a book as still the most viable way to monetize myself. Whore myself. What can I do that the most people are most likely to pay for? - probably a book. I've been thinking maybe I could go through my posts for the last year and have my friends on G+ pick the ones most book-worthy. 

I've also been considering doing a pdf of something like my Personal Matrix Theory. Do downloadable pdf, free version and paid version. Paid version because I need the money, free version because withholding information for profit is morally repugnant to me. 

But the book is the best bet, if only to be able to hold something in my hands and say "I made this." 

Ask anyone near Denver, Winter is Here. Stay warm, friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment