12.28.2013

Channeling the Chatter Stream

Take for instance the inane chatter that runs along in our minds. Our minds? I'm guessing it's a shared experience. The meditation people call it the monkey-mind. Maybe it's not the meditation people. I misremember all the time.

Anyway, why I thought this was worth typing about was because I think it serves a function and its worthwhile to figure out what that function is - particularly since meditation seems to at least be in part the skill of turning off the chatter.


http://goo.gl/kZJhng

Blah - nothing that I'm looking for. The perceived existence of this inner monologue has lots of angles of consideration to play with. Who/what is speaking, who is hearing - is it hearing? Where are the boundaries of self? (that's one I play with a lot)

A lot of the time I try to keep this .. my intent...
It is my theory that I should be able to not hear the inner dialogue monologue, whatever and just let it fall out of my fingers. There are agreat deal of habits that will need to be broken for me to do this, and I think I'll have to learn to think a lot slower. Right now, I'm still at least half a sentence ahead of my fingers.

I don't know if that would be considered channeling or not. The constant stream is there, can I channel it through my fingers instead of through my audio simulation hardware?

image source:  http://goo.gl/xNbtDO

No comments:

Post a Comment